Here are some essential tools professionals should be using. Whether for collaboration purposes, note-taking, admin or web tracking there’s a tool for everything. Some of these I personally use and they benefit me as a Virtual Assistant (VA) but also that of my clients in various industries.
These are just some of the online tools on offer. I’ll be posting more useful applications and software suggestions for businesses on a regular basis so why not ‘follow’ my Blog to keep updated?!
- Toggl for Time Tracking – Track your hours with a single click and learn where you actually spend your time. See the hours spent on various projects and tasks at a glance or dig deeper into details with visual reports. Share professional looking reports with your clients or bosses to increase transparency and client satisfaction. Basic tracking is free and paid-for service starts at $9 per user, per month. View Toggl’s package features here.
- 1tap for Receipt Capturing – Automatically extract all your receipt data with a simple snap, then categorised ready for your HMRC Self-Assessment form. Photograph your receipts, either individually or in bulk, or let 1Tap Receipts scan through your last photos to automatically detect receipts from your photos. All your receipts are then stored in our secure cloud platform, and are accessible from all your mobile devices. There’s a free basic version and a Prime 50 version for £1.99 per month. View 1tap pricing and features here.
- Gmail for Work – Gsuite for multiple Inboxes, accessible at all times. Basic package provides 30 GB of inbox storage and compatible with Microsoft Outlook and other email clients. Personalise your email by getting email addresses at your domain. Sync and access your email from your mobile phone or tablet and host a video meeting with up to 15 people straight from your inbox. You can try it free for 14 days and pricing information, starting at £3.30 per user per month, can be found here.
- Canva.com – Create designs for Web or print: blog graphics, presentations, Facebook covers, flyers, posters, invitations. Excellent for social media and Blog graphics! Canva has a Free Forever package and a Canva for Work package with additional features such as custom fonts for your brand. View pricing packages here.
- Eventbrite enables you to set up an event and promote and manage each detail of your event. You can plug the event on your own website and promote via Facebook and other social media sites. It enables you to be able to track sales and refunds all in one place. Eventbrite is completely free for free events, no matter how big or small your gathering or a small fee is charged when you collect payments, but you can have attendees pay it!
- Mailchimp – Email Marketing made easy! MailChimp is the world’s leading email marketing platform. 15 million customers, from small e-commerce shops to big online retailers, use MailChimp to express themselves to the world. Better still, it’s Free Forever plan for small businesses enables up to 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails per month! Additional features and pricing packages available, see here.
- 10to8 is an online scheduling and appointment reminder software system, built to be easy to use for businesses. It comes with a web-based booking calendar, for you and your clients, and supports email and SMS notifications. Its automatic appointment reminders have been shown to cut no-shows for businesses to 1 in every 900 appointments! Their Free Forever plan for small businesses enables 100 bookings per month with SMS included! Additional packages starting at £25 per month can be viewed here.
- Buffer for Social Media Scheduling – Similar to Hootsuite. The time management platform enables you to schedule, publish and analyse your posts in one place. The Free version enables you to have one social account per platform e.g. 1 x Facebook, 1 x Twitter. 10 posts in queue at one time. No Pinterest on free version. Next plan is $10 per month, up to 10 accounts and 100 posts in queue. See details of packages and pricing here.
- Chrome Remote Desktop – Access other computers or allow another user to access your computer securely over the Internet. A great tool for a Virtual Assistant!
- Dropbox – Save files on your computer, then access them on your phone from the road. Everything you keep in Dropbox is synced automatically to all of your devices. A Dropbox Basic account is free and includes 2 GB of space. There are paid-for plans available starting at £6.58 per month for 1TB of space. View pricing plans and features here.
There are multiple tools available that benefit sole traders to small businesses to large enterprises. Many tool and application providers offer free versions to sole traders and small businesses and so it is possible to have all these benefits at no cost!
If you’re looking to partner with a Virtual Assistant so that you can focus on growing your business, please do not hesitate to contact Felicity at The Virtual Assistant UK to discuss how our VA services could support you.